Greek Hospitality in Hotel Filoxenia
in the heart of the town with amazing view on Monemvasia RockBook Now Online
We’re centrally located in the heart of new town of Monemvasia, next to the sea in a superb place overlooking the famous Rock of Monemvasia.
Filoxenia Hotel is only 1 km distance from the Rock and the Old Town of Monemvasia, the ‘’stone boat”, as the famous poet Giannis Ritsos, used to call.
The pebble beach of Monemvasia, where you can relax and enjoy a refreshing swim, is right in front of our hotel, only few steps walking. Within short driving distance of Monemvasia, only 5km away, there are plenty of sandy beaches as well.
Within walking distance from Filoxenia, there are plenty of choices for food, coffee or drink. Taste the local pie (tsaitia), the local pasta (gogles), the local sweets (amygdaloto and samousades) and the local wine and you will not regret it!
Our main purpose is to offer you what our name says, an authentic Greek hospitality.
Our staff will do the best to make you feel like you are home.
Our rooms are for every taste and every budget, harmoniously decorated with Monemvasia’s landscape, offering Wi-Fi, air conditioning, hair dryer, flat screen TV and refrigerator.
Enjoy the dawn and the sunset from our balconies, and let your senses guide you in a lifetime experience.
Enjoy following services inclusive:
Breakfast Buffet supplement costs: €6 per person/ per day.
Breakfast times: Mon-Sun: 08:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Check-in from 15:00 to 22:30
Check-out from 08:00 to 11:00
Reception opening times: Mon-Sun 07.30 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
Start your day with a full belly at the cafeteria!
Enjoy your breakfast with a view to the sea and the Rock of Monemvasia!
The cafeteria also serves snacks, coffee and drinks during the day!
Located in the heart of Monemvasia, this hotel is within 15 min (1 km) of Monemvasia Castle. Close to the sea, close to tavernas, cafes, super markets, grocer’s shops, pastry and bakery shops.
Announcement regarding measures against Covid-19
In Hotel Filoxenia we adapt our operation considering the new Safety standards & Hygiene protocols in accordance with the instructions of the Tourism Ministry (ΦΕΚ Α 101 24-5-2020 Ν. 4688 και ΦΕΚ Β/2084-30/5/2020).
Here are some main measures & procedures:
· Reception desk has antiseptic gel and single-use gloves for use by the guest
· Plexiglass windows placed at reception
· All keys are disinfected before given to guests
· Mandatory extension of duration of check-out and check-in times between stays (check out by 11am and check in from 3pm) so that rooms can be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and aired out through natural ventilation.
· We follow enhanced disinfection and deep cleaning practices in accordance to EODY (National Public Health Organization) instructions.
· According to EODY (National Public Health Organization) instructions we have removed immaterial objects from all rooms.
· When requested, in case of any symptom, hotel provides personal protective equipment (masks, gloves) to the guests
· Hotel arranged the reception desk and furniture in public areas in such a way in order to keep the space open and added floor markings
All above measures will be evaluated according to any new announcement by the Greek Government
We want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our first priorityWe are ready to welcome you again!
How to get to Hotel Filoxenia in Monemvasia
By the car:
If you drive from Athens, you will take the direction shows to Korinthos, then from Korinthos to Tripoli, from Tripoli to Sparti and finally from Sparti to Monemvasia.
Distance from Athens: 300km.
Distance from Sparti: 90km.
Distance from Kalamata International Airport: 180km.
When you reach Monemvasia, go all straight ahead. At less than 3 minutes you will get into the center of the new town of Monemvasia, before you pass the bridge leading to the Rock and Castle of Monemvasia, you will:
1. Turn left to the pharmacy and follow the road through the coast. Our hotel is right in front of the beach, on your left hand. OR else
2. Turn left to the patisserie «Μορέως Ήδιστα» and follow the road that leads in front of the beach. Our hotel is right on your left hand.
Our hotel is only 100 metres away from the Bus Station, 1 minute on foot. When you arrive in Monemvasia, the bus stops right in front of the bus station. Go across to the pharmacy and walk all straight ahead through the coast. Our hotel is less than 1 minutes walking. We are right in front of the beach on your left hand.
You can find also here the google map routing.
Our address is:
Hotel Filoxenia Monemvasia,
Tel: + 30 27320 61716
Fax: +30 27320 61143
By the airplane:
You can search here flights to Kalamata airport or to Athens airport "Eleftherios Venizelos:
Which are the most points of interest?
One thing is certain. There is no boredom in Monemvasia.
The Monemvasia fortress town is the reference point of your trip - not only because of the fact, that this designated archaeological site is an internationally recognised destination, but also because as soon as you will walk through the gate, you’ll begin to uncover the secrets of this mediaeval castle.
We would like to recommend you to some websites regarding your trip to the area of Monemvasia:
Monemvasia is a typical example of a town founded by Greeks, then changed significantly by Venetians, the experts on fortification construction, and rebuilt further by Ottoman rulers. Its imposing fortifications were commissioned by the Ottoman rulers; they were constructed by local Greek masons who applied the art and techniques they had learnt from Venetian master architects.
Which kind of activities are possible in Monemvasia?
Please contact us if you have any questions or special requests